Not necessarily, it all depends on individual circumstances, the joint assets of the marriage, and whether your spouse has his/her own pension will impact upon the outcome. We recommend that you consult a solicitor who is a specialist in this area of law, such as Gorvin’s who have a department especially for police officers.